One of the girls most favorite things to do each week is to walk over to our beautiful library! They tuck their books under their little arms and talk all the way to the library about what book they want to pick next! They are truly captivated by our wonderful librarian, Mrs. Thomas, and listen intently to her descriptions of each book!
Mrs. Thomas gives a quick explanation of each book!
At the end of our library time, the girls sing a sweet song - with good reminders of how to take care of our books!
Research says it's a GREAT thing to read with your daughter!
1. Reading together builds a stronger relationship with you and your daughter - slow down and snuggle up!
2. Children exposed to reading are more likely to do well in all facets of formal education!
3. Reading together reinforces critical language and enunciation skills.
4. It teaches children that text is read from left to right.
5. When you spend time reading to your children, they will learn to express themselves and relate to others in a healthy way.
6. Reading to your children enhances their ability to grasp abstract concepts, apply logic in various scenarios, recognize cause and effect, and utilize good judgment.
7. Reading helps children understand and prepare for stressful situations.
8. Reading together enhances concentration and self-control, helping children have longer attention spans and better memory retention.
9. Early reading helps expand vocabulary.
10. READING IS FUN!!!