The girls have been asking the following questions.
Why is it getting cooler?
Why are the leaves changing colors?
Why are the leaves falling off the trees?
Why are there pumpkins everywhere?
We have had fun researching the answers to their questions and learning about the Fall season. Our new big word is CHLOROPHYLL. Ask your daughter if she knows the meaning of this word. We have all noticed the pumpkins everywhere around our school, home and outside. When we visited the farm we observed pumpkins growing in our garden on a vine. We will continue to investigate the answers to our questions.
1. Asking questions
2. Collecting information through research
1. Small motor exercises, cutting, glueing and tearing
3. Collecting information through observation
1. One to one correspondence
2. Number recognition
1. Recalling information
2. Small motor skills in cutting and painting
1. Fine motor skills
2. Number and letter recognition
1. Following directions
2. Recalling information
1. Fine motor skills in cutting and glueing
2. Straight line letter recognition
3. Following directions
We had a special visitor this week. Piper's Mom and Dad came to our class with a volcano that they had made at home and we took it outside to watch it erupt. It was exciting and the girls even got to stick their fingers in the lava.
We are looking forward to Halloween with your daughters.